When a new product is launched, the most important thing outside of informing current customers is to create a press-worthy announcement. Creating an interesting story can be done in many ways, and one way that I have found very effective is creating a product launch press release. A product launch press release is an announcement about your company’s newest product or service.
A product launch is a good way to announce new products, software, apps, or anything else you’d like to sell to the public. Product launches are typically announced via press releases, social media posts, videos, and other marketing materials. They’re great ways to introduce new features, improve existing ones, or promote something new within your organization. A well-crafted product launch includes several elements that work together to maximize the announcement’s impact. This guide will help you craft a compelling product launch and make sure it gets noticed.
What is a Product Launch Press Release?
A product launch press release is similar to a traditional press release, except it focuses on promoting the launch of a specific product rather than announcing a major corporate announcement. This type of release is used to announce the availability of a new software program, hardware device, or other product.
The purpose of a product launch press release isn’t necessarily to generate interest in the product itself; it’s meant to help the public know about the product and encourage people to learn more about it. In addition, it helps companies build awareness around the launch, ensuring that the media covers the story appropriately.
Writing A Press Story
A press release announcing a new product should start with a title that immediately grabs the reader’s attention. This newsworthy story must have a hook at its core. The story’s theme could have an interesting factoid, a statistic, a quote from a customer, or any other data point that makes you stand out from your competitors.
The key is to write a press release that is so compelling that people are compelled to read on.
If you don’t have anything interesting to say, then why would anyone else?
It would help if you made sure that the content you’re writing is relevant to your industry and what your product does.
Ensure it contains all the potential information customers want about your company, products, services, and pricing.
Your goal is to create a piece of content that is so compelling that readers feel they cannot put it down until they’ve finished reading.
Press Release Examples
Until now, we’ve been talking about how you write a product launch press release, but there are many ways to do it. Here are three good product launch press release examples.
1. Short and Sweet
When writing a product launch press release, it’s best to keep things simple and concise. Keep the headline brief, don’t include unnecessary information, and make sure everything makes sense. For instance, “Adobe launches Creative Cloud Express” doesn’t tell much about the product. Instead, use something like “Adobe launches Creative Suite 5 Extended.”
2. Include Key Takeaways
Include key takeaways within the body of the text. These could include features, benefits, or anything else that sets the product apart from others on the market. If you’re launching a web application, consider including a list of the main functionalities or capabilities. A news article announcing Apple’s September 2022 new products release event includes a summary and links to new feature discussions.
3. Use Visual Elements
If you want your product launch press release to stand out, use visual elements such as infographics, photos, video clips, etc. The goal is to get the reader interested enough to click through to read more.
How to Write a Product Launch Press Release
Your news story should contain all the information you need to create an effective PR campaign for your product launch. It must include the following elements:
- A release headline that grabs your audience’s attention. It should include the name of your new product also.
- An introductory paragraph sets the scene, describes the problem and outlines the solution.
- A description of what the company does. If you don’t include information on your company, then people won’t know what your business is about. Also, please ensure there are links to websites where they can find out more.
- A summary of how your product solves the problem. Please make sure you clearly describe why it is better than its competitors.
- A conclusion that summarizes everything you’ve said. If you’re not using bullets, then at least use subheadings (i.e., “The Problem”, “How Your Solution Works,” etc.)
- A call to action – tell them what they need to do next. For example, “Learn more about Product X at xyz.com”.
- Contact details, including email address and phone number.
Important Things to Include In Your Story
A product launch press release should include information on the following:
- The company name and address (including website)
- Contact person(s), phone number, email address
- What you are launching
- When you expect to launch
- Why is your product different from other products already available
- Who is your target market is
- Your price point
- Any special features
- Where you plan to sell the product
- How many units do you plan to produce
In conclusion, writing a captivating product launch press release that commands attention is easier than you think. There are plenty of resources available online, including press release templates that can help you write a compelling piece of copy. If you want a professional journalist to write your news release story and distribute it to notable newswires and news sites, then contact us or visit our Authoritative Press Distribution page for options.